We would like to welcome our Guest Curator Michael Owen Jones!
For 40 years Michael Owen Jones taught courses at UCLA on folk art, belief, medicine, foodways, and research methods. Among his many publications are Craftsman of the Cumberlands, Putting Folklore to Use (edited), Exploring Folk Art, Studying Organizational Symbolism, Folkloristics (co-authored), Comfort Food Meanings and Memories (co-edited), and Corn: A Global History.
Please take a look at the eclectic assortment of artifacts he has loaned our gallery!
If you are a folklorist or a collector of folklore/popular culture artifacts, please consider becoming a Guest Curator. Your objects will be highlighted here on a rotating basis.
All we ask is that the objects be yours, you have a photograph of the objects, and all or most of the information about the object (see the guidelines below, for more details).
Guest Curator Guidelines:
1. Artifacts must fall within the subject of our website (folklore, folk art, popular culture, etc.
2. Artifacts must be a part of your own personal collection.
3. Submissions must be limited to no more than five artifacts.
4. Submissions must contain a photograph of the artifact, as well as the title, purpose, country of origin, culture , materials, and dimensions of the artifact.
5. We also would like your photograph and a brief biography to accompany the collection.
Please contact, email@example.com and write Guest Curator in the subject line for further information or with any questions. We cannot wait to highlight your collection!