We want to say thank you to our outgoing Guest Curator, Nancy Wolfe.! If you missed a chance to see her fantastic artifacts, please stop by the Guest Curator Archive Page. You can also examine all of our past Guest Curator’s as well.
Welcome to our Guest Curator, Elinor Levy!
A native of Oakland, California, Elinor Levy has bounced around the country from California to Indiana, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and now New York, where she is the folk arts program manager at Arts Mid-Hudson. She has a master’s degree in Anthropology from California State University, Sacramento and a doctorate in folklore from Indiana University, Bloomington. She is a folk artist in her own right as a third-generation knitter on her mother’s side. Her obsession with yarn has led her to spin her own yarn and to help a friend shear a small heard of sheep every year. She literally takes it from sheep to shawl. Her other passion is working with exchange students through AFS global exchange, which sends high school students around the world to live families and attend school.
If you are a folklorist or a collector of folklore/popular culture artifacts, please consider becoming a Guest Curator. Your objects will be highlighted here on a rotating basis.
All we ask is that the objects be yours, you have a photograph of the objects, and all or most of the information about the object (see the guidelines below, for more details).
Guest Curator Guidelines:
1. Artifacts must fall within the subject of our website (folklore, folk art, popular culture, etc).
2. Artifacts must be a part of your own personal collection.
3. Submissions must be limited to no more than five artifacts.
4. Submissions must contain a photograph of the artifact, as well as the title, purpose, country of origin, culture , materials, and dimensions of the artifact.
5. We also would like your photograph and a brief biography to accompany the collection.
Please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org and write Guest Curator in the subject line for further information or with any questions. We cannot wait to highlight your collection!